What we put onto our skin is absorbed into the whole body so it's vitally important to take a close look at what products you are using. It's never too early and never too late to become educated on ways to attend to natural, healthy skincare.
In this article I'm going to show you some of my FAVORITE products I personally use for my own skin and share with my entire family.
Let's look to Nature for holistic skincare every day!
Some of the links in this article are affiliate links and if you decide to buy while your price will stay the same I will be paid a small commission which affords me the chance to provide free resources for my readers, like you!
- Soothe after sun. First I want to tell you about my colleague Andrea Crafton, LPC who is a licensed psychotherapist who provided counseling services for children and families in my wellness center some years ago before relocating to her home-town in Missouri. She now works as a Mama Coach and she makes her own all-natural products for babies, children and mothers. My personal favorite is one called After Sun that soothes skin after being out in the sun. But I have a secret. I use it year round as a wonderful, deep moisturizer for my hands and lips! She doesn't sell it year round though so stock up now. It contains organic olive oil, organic coconut oil(oils infused with organic plantain, organic comfrey, organic calendula), organic aloe vera gel, organic cocoa butter, organic shea butter, beeswax, organic lavender essential oil. Learn more about all of her products and services for mamas mamasblooming.com
2. Eradicate Free Radicals. My next favorite product this month for your skin is actually one you take internally. It's called QuickSilver Liposomal Glutathione from one of my fav companies called Honey Colony. This powerful supplement delivered in a few pumps under your tongue per day boosts immunity and destroys those damaging free radicals before they are able to damage your skin.
Why is Quicksilver so Effective? Because most oral glutathione gets broken down by stomach acids before it can get to your cells, Dr. Christopher Shade, PhD, developed this special formula called Liposomal Glutathione. Liposomal encapsulation ensures the nutrients can be highly absorbed delivering more effective nutrition. The liposmal formulation protects the core ingredients from the digestive system. Go visit Honey Colony and search for this product under skincare.
3. Nourish your face at night. I love a company called Amoils who create the purest, most nurturing oils to care for skin. Simply Face Night OIl is used at night and it hydrates and balances your skin while you sleep using all natural ingredients. The ingredients include:
- Apricot kernel oil which is a favorite among those who have combination to dry skin. It easily absorbs into the skin and it fights acne causing bacteria.
- Jojoba seed oil is a close match for our own skin sebum, making it an ideal moisturizer for all skin types. It is readily absorbed and is super for dry skin as well as for inflammation.
- Grape seed oil is rich in linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid healing for the skin and the cell membranes.
- Meadowfoam seed oil is great for sensitive skin and gently detoxifies the skin.
- Pomegranate seed oil deeply hydrating and nourishing
- Camellia seed oil is a lightweight silky oil and helps brighten your complexion.
- Ylang ylang essential oil brings balance to the skin and is suitable to use on acne-prone skin. The precious exotic oil helps to protect the skin's moisture barrier, and reduce signs of aging.
- Helichrysum essential oil is super soothing with restorative properties. Also known for reducing the appearance of blemishes and wrinkle
Ensure your summer includes happy holistic skin care!