Okay ladies.... if you don't have time or interest for my DIY Skincare tricks just skip over this blog post and go shopping for my FAVORITE brand of all natural, mostly organic, simple products made by my friend Gilly....
BUT.... you've come to this article because chances are you want to:
- save money
- simplify the skin care routine
- put only the most natural cleansing, toning and moisturizing items on your face because you are into CLEAN health and lifestyle
So, I'm about to do the unthinkable and deliver the skinny on how to have beautiful skin without ever buying another cream, toner, or gimmick again....It's unthinkable because we could put some cosmetic companies out of business with this...
This is all you need:
- plain castile soap (16 ounces for $6 will last you 3 months worth of face washings)
- baking soda (get this at your grocery for pennies)
- witch hazel (pick this up at your drugstore for under $1 and it will last you 3 months)
- coconut oil (you can order it here or you can pick up a jar from Trader Joe's for $6 that will last you months!)
- organic plain full fat greek yogurt
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemons and/or limes
- OPTIONAL EXTRAS: Frankincense essential oil for anti aging, Lavender for soothing
You do NOT want to use petroleum, dimethicone and other chemicals on your skin because what you put on your skin absorbs into your whole body.
Here is my most simple formula and method step by step:
CLEAN YOUR FACE:
Just a dime size dot of castile soap and a bit of warm water is all you need... massage in circular motion all over your face and even removes eye makeup. Rinse with warm water.
EXFOLIATE, DETOX & BRIGHTEN YOUR FACE:
Take a teaspoon of baking soda and just a little bit of warm water and mix in your palm. Gently massage your face and neck in circular motion and rinse with warm water, pat dry.
CLEAN AND TONE YOUR FACE:
Half soak a cotton ball with witch hazel and apply. Allow to air dry.
All you need is a half teaspoon of coconut oil spread all over your face for moisturizing. Apply to neck and chest as well.
Once a week, create a mask by combining 2 tablespoons of organic, full fat greek yogurt, 1 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp of fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice. Mix it well and after cleaning your face, apply mask and allow to sit and dry for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
In the case you occasionally get a blemish (a.k.a. "pimple" or infected pore) use the above cleansing treatment and spot treat the blemish with a special concoction I have discovered as follows:
- 1 apsirin
- 2 cloves
- dash cinnamon
- drop of witch hazel
Crush the first three ingredients with mortal and pestle and then transfer to a spoon and mix in a drop of witch hazel to create paste. Dab paste on blemish and leave overnight. Rinse in morning.
With these tricks there is no longer a need to have a cluttered bathroom counter full of lotions and products. You will save money and have a clean, beautiful face every day.